Inspired by an extraordinary gift from Mandell and Madeleine Berman, The Berman Center for the Performing Arts is a beautiful, world-class theatre. The Berman showcases the Jewish Community Center’s exceptional events and offers opportunities for exciting new programs for all audiences of Metropolitan Detroit.
Since it’s first public performance in the Spring of 2011, The Berman has been the host to over 75,000 people for such performers as Marvin Hamlish, Patti LuPone, David Broza, Bebe Neuwirth and Anat Cohen.
- Oakland County Board of Commissioners Proclamation Honoring The Berman Center for the Performing Arts at The Jewish Community Center (2012)
- Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition by Congressman Gary C. Peters (2012)
- State of Michigan Special Tribute (2012)
- Greater West Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce Community Excellence Award for Arts and Culture (2012)
- Charter Township of West Bloomfield Certificate of Recognition of the Grand Opening of Berman Center for the Performing Arts (2012)
THE BERMAN STAFF
- Elaine (Hendriks) Smith, Managing Director Office: 248.432.5673
- Eric W. Maher, Technical Director Office: 248.432.5414
- Rachel Ruskin, Group Sales Manager Office: 248.432.5658
- Bryan Spangler, Box Office Manager Office: 248.661.1900
THE BERMAN CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS ADVISORY COMMITTEE
- Madeleine Berman, Co-Chair Sharon Hart, Co- Chair
- James August Joanne Danto
- Irwin Elson Carol Weintraub Fogel
- Rita Haddow Barbara Kratchman
- Jill Menuck Allan Nachman
- Mary Lou Zieve Norm Katz
THE BERMAN CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS
Jewish Community Center of Metropolitan Detroit
D. Dan & Betty Kahn Building | Eugene & Marcia Applebaum Jewish Community Campus
6600 W. Maple Rd.
West Bloomfield, MI 48322