The Berman Center for the Performing Arts is a beautiful, 600 seat state-of-the-art venue. The Berman showcases an eclectic variety of world-class entertainment for all audiences of Metro Detroit while showcasing the Jewish Community Center’s exceptional events.
WORRIED ABOUT THE SEATING? The Berman has comfortable seating, generous leg room and extraordinary acoustics, no audience member misses a beat. The furthest seat from the stage is only 70 feet away and we don’t have any obstructed views.
NEED HEARING ASSISTANCE? We have you covered. For those who need a little extra volume, hearing assisted devices are available at the ticket office as well as our built in hearing loop which you can tune into with your personal aid.
HAVE ACCESSIBILITY ISSUES? Don’t worry, we want you to have an easy entry. So, you are able to enter the front doors of The J and get to your seat without ever having to use stairs. All performances have room for 18 wheelchairs and 4 seats with liftable armrests.
THANK YOU FOR THE AWARDS
- West Bloomfield Business Hall of Fame (2016)
- Best of West Bloomfield (2016)
- Best of West Bloomfield (2015)
- Best of West Bloomfield (2014)
- Oakland County Board of Commissioners Proclamation Honoring The Berman Center for the Performing Arts at The Jewish Community Center (2012)
- Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition by Congressman Gary C. Peters (2012)
- State of Michigan Special Tribute (2012)
- Greater West Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce Community Excellence Award for Arts and Culture (2012)
- Charter Township of West Bloomfield Certificate of Recognition of the Grand Opening of Berman Center for the Performing Arts (2012)