The Jewish Community Center of Metropolitan Detroit is closely monitoring all pertinent health and safety-related news and updates regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
In light of recent global developments and growing concerns around the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the JCC and The Berman Center for The Performing Arts have made the decision to cancel or postpone the following events:
Alina Kiryayeva | Moving Pictures scheduled on Thursday, March 19th
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat scheduled to perform March 26 through April 5.
The World Goes ‘Round scheduled to perform Sunday, March 22
Yiddish Glory scheduled to perform Sunday, March 29
Knock Knock scheduled to perform Sunday, April 27
All current ticket-holders for events will be issued refunds. Please call the Box Office at 248.661.1900 with questions or for more info.
The JCC remains committed to the health and well-being of our members, program participants, professional staff and guests throughout our facilities. Our goal is to take preventative measures in keeping our community safe and healthy. This includes reviewing the latest information from the Centers for Disease Control (COVID-19 Situation Summary) and the World Health Organization (Coronavirus FAQ).
In working toward that goal, we recommend following CDC guidelines on everyday prevention and encourage our members, guests and workforce to be vigilant as follows:
- If you or your children are not feeling well and exhibit any symptoms of illness, please refrain from using the JCC until all symptoms have subsided. If you have a fever, please make sure that you are fever-free without the use of fever-reducing medication for 24 hours before returning to the JCC to use the facilities or participate in any programs.
- Try to avoid contact with people who are ill. If you come in contact with someone who is sick, please refrain from visiting the JCC.
- The CDC recommends that protective face masks should only be worn by those individuals who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 65-90% alcohol, covering all surfaces of your hands and rubbing them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid sharing food and beverages.
In addition to implementing the measures suggested by the CDC, the JCC is taking the following additional precautions within our facilities:
- Making additional hand sanitizers available.
- Working with our cleaning service and staff to implement additional cleaning and disinfecting procedures.
The JCC will continue to follow this situation carefully and will communicate with you as the situation evolves. We will maintain our efforts to mitigate exposure to and transmission of infectious disease within the JCC and ask that each of you please do your part in continuing to ensure your own health and well-being and that of your friends and neighbors in the JCC community.
We thank you for your cooperation and support.
Jewish Community Center of Metro Detroit