The Berman Center for the Performing Arts (The Berman) is more than a theatre. It’s a community! Presenting live performances, films, master classes, speakers, festivals and community theatre (PAIJ Players), The Berman delivers the best in cultural arts programming to Southeast Michigan. Its lecturers and performers unite audiences through shared experiences that engage, entertain and inform.
The result of an extraordinary founding gift from Mandell and Madeleine Berman (z”l) The Berman opened its doors on March 23, 2011 and in its first years presented many internationally known artists including Marvin Hamlisch, Many Patinkin, Arlo Guthrie and Patti LuPone. Since then, the Berman has continued to embody the spirit of Mandell and Madeleine Berman, a couple who believed in giving back to their community, and in the power of the arts to teach and inspire.
ABOUT MADELEINE and MANDELL (z”l) THE BERMAN
THANK YOU FOR THE AWARDS
- Best of West Bloomfield (2017)
- West Bloomfield Business Hall of Fame (2016)
- Best of West Bloomfield (2016)
- Best of West Bloomfield (2015)
- Best of West Bloomfield (2014)
- Oakland County Board of Commissioners Proclamation Honoring The Berman Center for the Performing Arts at The Jewish Community Center (2012)
- Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition by Congressman Gary C. Peters (2012)
- State of Michigan Special Tribute (2012)
- Greater West Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce Community Excellence Award for Arts and Culture (2012)
- Charter Township of West Bloomfield Certificate of Recognition of the Grand Opening of Berman Center for the Performing Arts (2012)