The Berman Center for the Performing Arts is more than a theatre, it’s a community!
Through live performances, film, master classes, films, festivals and streaming events The Berman delivers the best in cultural arts programming to audiences of southeast Michigan!
The Berman was founded in 2011 and is housed at The Jewish Community Center of Metropolitan Detroit in West Bloomfield. A 600-seat, state-of-the-art theatre, The Berman boasts over 125,000 audience members in it’s first three seasons.
THANK YOU FOR THE AWARDS
- West Bloomfield Business Hall of Fame (2016)
- Best of West Bloomfield (2016)
- Best of West Bloomfield (2015)
- Best of West Bloomfield (2014)
- Oakland County Board of Commissioners Proclamation Honoring The Berman Center for the Performing Arts at The Jewish Community Center (2012)
- Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition by Congressman Gary C. Peters (2012)
- State of Michigan Special Tribute (2012)
- Greater West Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce Community Excellence Award for Arts and Culture (2012)
- Charter Township of West Bloomfield Certificate of Recognition of the Grand Opening of Berman Center for the Performing Arts (2012)
March 23, 2011: Marvin Hamlisch is the first performer on The Berman stage as the opening of the 2011 Stephen Gottlieb Music Festival.
March 24, 2011: Charter Township of West Bloomfield gives The Berman a certificate of appreciation in recognition of Grand Opening
May 23, 2011: Patti LuPone (and Detroit Symphony Civic Orchestra) performs at The Berman at the Grand Opening Gala, the official opening of The Berman Center for the Performing Arts.
September 22, 2011: Mandy Patinkin performs at The Berman as part of the Stephen Gottlieb Festival of the Arts
March 10-11, 2012: The Acting Company presents Shakespeare on the Berman stage, performing Julius Caesar and The Comedy of Errors
March 23, 2012: The Berman celebrates its one year anniversary!
April 24, 2012: The Berman receives the Community Excellence Award for Arts and Culture at the Greater West Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce Awards Dinner
April 24, 2012: Oakland County Board of Commissioners issues a proclamation honoring The Berman Center for the Performing Arts at The Jewish Community Center
April 24, 2012: The Berman receives a certificate of special congressional recognition by Congressman Gary Peters
September 1, 2012: Bebe Neuwirth performs as part of the Stephen Gottlieb Festival of the Arts
October 4, 2012: Barbara Cook performs at The Berman
January 31, 2013: The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center performs
March 16, 17 2013: The Acting Company returns to The Berman stage with Of Mice and Men
March 19, 2013: Midori performs on The Berman stage
March 23, 2013: The Berman celebrates its two year anniversary!